Electric bike

I'm looking to turn my regular bicycle into an electric bike. There's a network of interesting but excruciatingly hilly bike trails behind my village. I think an electric-assisted bike would allow me to take them head-on.

I tested some ready-made ebikes by the Swiss manufacturer Flyer. They are good packages but I don't think I need a completely new bike. I am putting together a kit that consist of an electric motor, battery and controller that I can install on my regular bike. At the moment I am reading forums and researching which motors are good for hilly terrain. I don't need high speed just loads of torque which a geared motor should provide. Light weight is also high on the list since my bike is already quite heavy.

I am going with these components:
Lots of great info on this forum: endless-sphere.com.